Sunday, February 1, 2009

"All right Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up"


In order for the BCF to better publicize the Shasta climb, they write profiles about the participants. It is a good way for people from around the country to get to know us. In addition to the profiles, they post a picture of you. It puts a face to the climbers and the Breast Cancer Fund. It makes us a little more concrete.

I don't know about you, but going through the pictures I had of myself, I couldn't find any that fit the bill. Most pictures I have of myself I am either between the ages of 4-8, in a group, or making some sort of goofy face, if not shielding face from the camera completely.

As it turns out Wendy felt the same way, and was having a hard time finding an appropriate picture to send in.

I stopped by her 4th street desk to ask her about something work related, and then I stood puzzled wondering why she looked like she was ready to go for a hike right that moment. She had recruited Swanner, Clif Bar's "Designawriterographer," to take her head shot. She kindly invited me along and we headed off to Indian Rock in Berkeley.

If you haven't been and you are in the area, google it, at the top is a gorgeous view of the city.



After climbing to the top, in my black ballet flats, with Wendy joking that wouldn't it be funny if that was how my climb ended, slipping off the edge of a rather large stone while getting my picture taken in ridiculous shoes, we started the photos.



Swanner even provided a wind machine when I asked...





With multiple pictures taken, a short break in the sun, and a few hearty belly laughs, we left the rock mission accomplished.

Swanner showed us a preview of the pictures, and amazingly there were perfect ones for both Wendy and I to use. Stop by the BCF website and check it out sometime.

THANKS CHRIS!!!

-A

PS Sometimes the best thing for a gal is to just scream off the top of a rock



You best not mess with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment